Wednesday, July 1, 2009

6-28-2009 Sun - D.C. to Philly

Me and Jacques went back to the Mall and hit up the Smithsonian National Gallery of Art today, it was amazing. We started in with Dutch and Flemish 16th and 17th century, then made our way through French 17th-19th centuries and Italian 13th-16th centuries, then around to a big collection of Italian Altarpieces and Religious Sculpture of the 1300's, finishing off with a bunch of heavy hitters: Poussin, Seurat, Cézanne, Gauguin, Van Gogh, Mary Cassatt, Edgar Degas, Claude Monet, Edouard Manet, Auguste Renoir. I have seen some famous paintings before, but nothing like this. It was amazing to get to see these paintings so close up. I want to go back sometime and spend a week at least seeing all the museums in D.C.
Only got to spend about 3hrs there and then I had to catch my bus. The Chinatown Express runs between D.C. and NY, the D.C. to Philly bus is only $15. My good friends John and Jess just moved to Philly a few days ago so I was going to see them. The only thing with the Chinatown Express is appearantly its not the most reliable. I waited till 8pm for a bus that was supposed to leave D.C. at 6pm. So I didn't get into Philly till close to 10:30pm. John and Jess picked me up and we just took it easy and caught up since it was so late.

No comments:

Post a Comment