Sunday, March 29, 2009

3-28-2009 Sat - Dry clothes again... for now

Start point: Woody Gap
End point: Woods Hole Shelter
miles hiked: 7.3

Woke up and bought some b-fast, got the T.W.O. (Two Wheels Only) Scramble which was 2 eggs, sausage, spinach and onions with toast and fruit. Deee-lish. Sat around inside watching the weather channel and chatting. By the way, thanks again to Adam for the hospitality. Around 10:30am some of the guys were heading east so I asked if I could catch a ride about 9mi down the road to the hiker hostel, they were nice enough to give me a ride. Got to the hiker hostel and they were booked (again). They asked if I wanted a ride to the Super 8 some 12 miles away, no I'll just go back to the trail and hike the 10 miles to Neels Gap. They finally asked if I wanted to hang out there till 5pm, do a load of laundry and take a shower. Perfect! All I really wanted was for all my clothes to be dry. I got to use the internet and scored a ride to Wal-Mart for a re-supply when they were taking some of their guests. At 5pm got dropped at Woody Gap, same place where I initally left the trail and had to kinda hoof it to make it to the shelter before dark. Got there right before it got too dark to see. 2 other people were there, Mike and Madeline, we all have our tents set up under the shelter. Hung my food on the food hoist cables to avoid tempting any bears to come check us out. It stopped raining for awhile today, but started again about 2 mi before I got here to the Woody Gap Shelter. Hopefully its gonna clear up tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Rob man your on your way we will be there every day, and if you get tired,beat or sore we will push you even more....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always glad to help an AT hiker when the chance arises. I enjoyed hangin' with you for a while. Good luck on the trail! I'll be keeping an eye on your blog and waiting to see the money shot of you on top of Katahdin. Tally-ho!

    Adam the Bueller

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...just wanted to say happy (early) birthday. What a way to spend it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Rob!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy freakin birth day man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Rob! I am jealous! I hope you are having a great day and this rain in Augusta Georgia isn't coming down on you too...

    Love, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Rob! You were just in an interesting dream of mine. So proud of you for doing this, and will follow you all along the way.
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope this posts!! I have been trying to comment and my comp was acting all goofy for the last 2 weeks!
    Happy Belated Birthday Honey!!

    ReplyDelete