Wednesday, March 4, 2009

the Dirty Dog

Just got my Greyhound ticket today; leaving Houston, TX on Tues, March 24th, arriving in Gainesville, GA around 10am on March 25th. I have said multiple times that I would never ride that awful bus again, the official busline of screaming babies everywhere.. For 60 dollars even, Texas to Georgia, well, enough said. If I make it to Maine, I mean when I make it to Maine, ;) I'm going to try and fly back, cause that's just too long of a bus ride, even for me. Anyway, a friend is picking me up in Gainesville and driving me to Amicalola State Park where I will start the approach trail.. Thats right, you can do an 8 mile hike just to get to the start of the real Appalachian Trail. I mean if you're going 2175 miles, whats another 8 miles? Needless to say I'm super excited that my plans are beginning to finalize!

I may have never heard it called "bus rage", but I know I'm not the only one who has experienced it..

No comments:

Post a Comment