Friday, May 15, 2009

5-12-2009 Tues - Into VA! 3 states down, 10 to go!

Start point: McQueens Knob Shelter
End point: Straight Branch
miles hiked: 16.9

Got up pretty early (7am) considering how late I went to bed and got packed up quick and hiked out. I passed Abington Gap Shelter and found out from the register that both Matt from CT and Blues Traveler who I have been trying to catch up with were probably only 5 miles from where I had stayed last night. If I had just kept going a little farther I would have caught them. Started hiking again and made it to the TN/VA state line and snapped some photos. Got into Damascus (with alot of feet and leg pain from that long day yesterday) and saw some folks I knew, and finally caught up to Blues, Matt (who is now Dragonbreath), and Salty Dog. Talked alot of smack to them, mostly because Blues Traveler gave away my spot in his car to Salty. See our plan was to hike past Damascus, and Blues Travelers wife was going to pick us up and take us back for Trail Days. He said he could make room for me, so I guess he's still ok in my book. We hiked out with a plan to try and get 30 miles past Damascus. We got about 6 miles north and found a pretty sweet camp site near a creek and called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment