Sunday, May 3, 2009

4-28-2009 Tues

Start point: Hot Springs, NC
End point: Spring Mtn Shelter
miles hiked: 11

It was a tough climb out of Hot Springs. Basically have to climb out of the river valley that the town sits in. I got up to the ridgeline and had lunch, Matt from Connecticut came along and I talked to him for awhile. Soon after I started hiking again I came across a pretty decent size black snake on the trail. Hung out and watched it for abit then Blues Traveler showed up and I showed him. He says that was the 2nd one he'd seen today. Guess with the warmer temps they are starting to come out more. Me and Blues Traveler hiked together for an hour or so talking. Had met him my first day in the Smoky Mountains. He hiked the trail last year and this year is hiking from Springer Mtn to Damascus. Made it to the shelter and we had a pretty good group, it was Freebird (dark hair), Moleskin, Dreamcatcher, Macaroni, Blues Traveler and Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment