Tuesday, May 5, 2009

5-5-2009 Tues - Greasy Creek Friendly

location: Greasy Creek Friendly Hostel
total miles hiked so far: 364.2

So I ended up tenting out here at the hostel last night. Its $5 to tent which includes a shower. The bunk house was full and I could have stayed inside on the couch but it was a little too small for me, so I figured in a tent down by the stream would be just as comfortable. I was able to set up in-between these intermittent rain showers, and the rain and sound of the creek put me right to sleep. I'm hanging out here all day and will probably sleep in my tent again tonight, unless my mail gets here today. I'm waiting on a water filter I ordered. Up until now I have just been doing drops to treat my water, but the water sources are getting more scarce and I don't like looking at stuff floating in my water.

2 comments:

  1. Here's hoping you can find at least one shot of tequila out there, for a proper Cinco de Mayo! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. No tequila but Canadian Hunter did suffice. Gotta love their motto, "the hunt is on".

    ReplyDelete