Monday, May 25, 2009

5-19-2009 Tues - Back to Trail

Start point: Massie Gap
End point: Hurricane Mtn Shelter
miles hiked: 13

I got a ride with Long Haul back to the trail today. First we dropped off Chatter, Smile Train, Buckeye and Wimbeldon at Elk Garden, then the blonde Freebird and Blacklist at Troutdale, and finally me back at Massie Gap where I left off. Not only did Long Haul give me a ride, he also mailed a package for me, offering to pay the postage. So many people going out of their way to help, still amazes me. What a beautiful day to get going again. In the 60's all day, some more of that perfect hiking weather. Hiked some more through Grayson Highlands and at one point I thought to myself, man, I could be happy hiking through this kind of terrain for a long time. Nice easy rolling hills, a little bit of forest, a little bit of prairie.
Stopped at Wise Shelfter to check the register, looks like Dragonbreath hasn't passed here yet so he must have took another day off to rest his leg. Stopped again at Old Orchard Shelter for lunch. Saw Chick Magnet again, and met a thru hiker named Ned the Fed. Got to Hurricane Mtn and stayed in the Shelter, it was me, Rooster, Pittsburgh, Legs and SpiceMan. I had met Rooster at Trail Days where we talked about Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment