Monday, April 27, 2009

4-27-2009 Mon - Revitalized

Current location: Hot Springs, NC
Total miles hiked: 271.8

Bout to get back on the trail, met some great folks here in town. Elmer's Hostel - The Sunnybank Inn was great, lots of good vibes, really old victorian house that was super cozy. Didn't wanna leave today! Roomed with Freebird (this one I met at NOC, there are 2 guys named Freebird on the trail right now both in town.) Went to soak in the springs with the Freebird that I was hiking with, along with Treebeard and Dartanyan. Later hung out with Ziggy and his g/f, hes from Dallas, finally meeting some TX hikers!

Thank you all for your comments and support, it is much appreciated and I read them all!

Have a great weekend everyone, I'll write again soon, next entries will include pics I promise!

Love,
Basher

7 comments:

  1. rob i'm so proud of you! i'm glad you're starting to get sun on the trails, too. if you get the chance, send me an address of a place where i can send you a letter or something.

    stay safe!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rob - Keep trying to comment, but I think I'm tech-impaired. Reading your blog has been great escapism for an office drone like me! :)

    It sounds like you're having a helluva experience. Keep safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I envy the adventure you are having.

    --I miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I miss a week of reading this and suddenly there are so many entries. Sounds like an awesome time overall. Sorry to read about your ankle - hope it does not give you too much trouble.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been super cranky....reading your posts put a smile on my face. Thanks for that! Sounds sooo glorious....I am really happy you are getting this experience.
    Take care of ankles!

    ~Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments! I have been walking way more carefully now and only roll my ankle like once every 2 days, so I'm doing allright. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds amazing so far.... this is Emily btw...came to read about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete