Tuesday, April 7, 2009

4-06-2009 Mon - Snow!?

Start point: Muskrat Creek Shelter
End point: Carter Gap Shelter
miles hiked: 12.5

Woke up and it was COLD. We had seen the forecast over the weekend but we didn't think it was gonna get real cold till Tues. Made breakfast and took forever to get going. Was basically the last one out of camp, again.. I just can't move that fast in the cold mornings. Once I got going I could start to feel my toes again after about 10min of hiking. It started snowing shortly after that, after a few hrs of light snow it started to look like some kind of winter wonderland. After about 5 easy miles had lunch at Standing Indian Shelter. Once I was done it took another 20min to feel my fingers again. Got to camp, made some dinner and hung around the fire with some other folks for just abit before getting ready for bed. Its supposed to snow 2 inches over the course of the night so I wanna make sure I have everything set so I don't freeze! Hope I can stay warm enough for a little sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment