Monday, April 27, 2009

4-21-2009 Tues - Snore, snore, snore

Start point: Mt Collins Shelter
End point: Newfound Gap
miles hiked: 4.5

Got up late, didn't get very good sleep due to one of the noiseiest snore-ers I've ever slept around. This guy was at least 10 ft from me, I had earplugs, and he still kept me up. At some points you could feel the snore's through the wooden shelter floor. If you know you snore like that and are gonna be somewhere like a public sleeping shelter get some breath strips or something.. Grrr.
Caught a ride into Gatlinburg to buy more food. Guys who gave me a ride had just finished a 3 day hike through the park and they gave me all their leftover dehydrated meals! So nice of them, those things are like $5 apiece. Ran into Butch as I was going to the grocery store, we had met at Neels Gap Hostel. Decided to split a room w/him, it would be easier to catch a ride back up to Newfound Gap in the morn when everyone is going up for the day. Went to a bar called Hogs and Honey's, lol. Met some good folks who I ended up hanging out with playing pool.

1 comment: