Thursday, April 2, 2009

3-31-2009 Tue

Start point: Low Gap Shelter
End point: Tray Mtn Shelter
miles hiked: 15

During the night we had some mouse problems and at one point Freeze woke me up, he said "Rob, I think a mouse is messin with your stuff!" I jumped up and Freeze was already standing up with his head lamp pointing were the mouse was, I saw it, grabbed my shoe and said, "should I bash it?" I heard Ski say yes, so I bashed the mouse and brushed it out of the shelter, henceforth I am Basher. Hiked with Freeze until Blue Mtn Shelter where we had lunch, then parted ways. At Unicoi Gap I was gonna try and get a ride 7 or so miles into Helen, GA, and Freeze was going to hike on. I needed to go into town to get a few things, namely some bourbon for my birthday. Got a ride there easily, took awhile to get a ride back though, and then decided to hike on to Tray Mtn, which was tough, a 1480 ft climb in elevation. Did the last 1.5 miles in the dark, hiking with my headlamp on. That was interesting to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment