Friday, July 24, 2009

7-10-2009 Fri

Start point: near Scott Farm
End point: Duncannon, PA
miles hiked: 15.8

Got a REAL early start, since I was camped in the middle of the trail I set my alarm for 5:30am so I could be up before anyone came along. Was pumped about getting to Duncannon today so I could check out the Doyle Hotel, a dump of a hotel that is almost legendary among thru-hikers. It is one of the original Anheuser-Busch hotels and is more than 100 years old. Got a great view of Duncannon from the mountain right before you descend into town.

Got there and Denali and Gorgonzola were there, I was hoping I'd catch them. They had gotten in yesterday but were taking a zero today. Met Coldfeet and Checkpoint, they had been hiking with them for awhile. Turns out the Doyle was a dump, but its an AWESOME dump, with alot of character, and characters..

No comments:

Post a Comment