Saturday, July 25, 2009

7-21-2009 Tues

Start point: Smith Gap Rd, the Stempa's House
End point: Delaware Water Gap, PA
miles hiked: 23.7

Linda gave me, George and Gracie a ride back up to the trail at 5:15am. She goes to a spin class real early and it was either get a super early start, or wait till 8 or 9am when John could give us a ride. I figured if I got on the trail that early I could take my time and still make it to Delaware Water Gap and basically be done with PA. After I passed the Leroy Smith Shelter it started raining on me. I'm thinking perfect, my last day in PA and I get crappy weather. There were some good views I passed by that would have been nice if not for the fog. I stopped at the Kirkridge shelter for a couple hours trying to wait out the worst of the rain. When I finally got to Delaware Water Gap I went to the Presbyterian Church of the Mountain Hostel, no bunks open but there was a space on the floor, at least it was indoors and out of the rain. Crow and I went to the pizza place for dinner. Met some SOBO's (southbounders) at the hostel, they are basically the first ones I've seen. This guy Kyle (Stumbles) was on a submarine in the Navy and he had some of the funniest military stories I've ever heard. Also met Glow-worm and Jim Dandy, and saw Jersey Girl, Boofer and Frankenfoot again. Picked up a new book; Skin Tight by Carl Hiaasen, so I started that tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment