Saturday, July 11, 2009

7-6-2009 Mon

Start point: near Pen Mar County Park
End point: Caledonia State Park
miles hiked: 18

Crossed into Pennsylvania today! I guess I should add I got lost and did 4 miles of road walking. The trail crossed a country road and looked like it went directly into the woods on the other side of the road, but turns out that was not the right way. I could have gone back and tried to find the right trail, but stupidly (I'm stubborn) I just kept going and figured I'd hit it. Nope. Well I came out on another road and with a little help from my mom and google maps I just walked (tried to get a ride, no one would pick me up) the 4 miles to the state park. Once again, road walking sucks, hurts way worse than walking on the trail. Once I found the trail again I walked 3/10ths of a mile down US 30 to a pizza place only to find it already closed, so I walked another 4/10ths to a little general store. The quart of chocolate milk, 2 cans of soda, cheese and crackers, chips, and ice cream cookie sandwich brightened my day abit. Road walked back down to the state park and found a stealth site to camp for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment