Saturday, July 25, 2009

7-19-2009 Sun

Start point: Allentown Hiking Club Shelter
End point: Bake Oven Knob Shelter
miles hiked: 10

So that day out of Port Clinton when I was having feet problems, I called up Time Bomb and asked him if he could pick me up some sock liners if he had a chance, they were a big help to me before when I was having issues with my shoes rubbing raw spots on my feet. I had gotten a voicemail from him yesterday saying he had them and if I wanted to slow down abit he could catch up and get them to me. So I stuck around the shelter and finished my book while waiting for him. We hiked out together after he got there and later stopped for lunch at a restaurant really close to the trail, Blue Mtn B&B. We split a dozen wings and I had a black and blue burger. Later that day we ran into Coldfeet and Checkpoint. We all made it to the campsite near Bake Oven Knob, along with Free Child and Bam Bam. Funny side note, my 2 hardest climbs of the day were both to get water. At the Allentown Shelter, it was at least 6/10ths of a mile roundtrip to get to the spring that was flowing good, and at Bake Oven Knob it was around the same distance or more to get to the 3rd spring, because the first 2 were dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment