Friday, July 24, 2009

7-9-2009 Thur

Start point: north of Pole Steeple
End point: near Scott Farm
miles hiked: 25

Pretty uneventful day other than passing through Boiling Springs. A good bit of hiking through hedgerows and farmland. Through a land aquisition program they have taken most of the trail off the roads through this heavily developed area, but it still makes for a hot walk in the summer, limited shade means the sun gets to bake you. Did find quite a few wild berries today. When I got to US 11 I was gonna walk down and get some food, that ended up being about a 3 mile round trip for some Arby's (5 roast beef sandwiches for $5 though). My feet were burning by the time I got back to the trail, plus it was dark, so I hiked about another hour till I finally just found a flat spot on the trail and camped right there in the middle of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment