Tuesday, August 4, 2009

7-26-2009 Sun

Start point: Unionville, NY - the Outhouse, formerly "the Mayor's house"
End point: Wawayanda Mtn
miles hiked: 14.4

So I was taking my time getting ready and eventually Spoonman comes in from just going to the store, he said that Dragonbreath was just up there getting a sandwich. So I hike out and try to catch up to him, but never see him all day. I think I bought too much food, my pack was sooo freakin heavy. Made the day really tough. Stopped at Pochuck Mtn Shelter for lunch. The Pochuck Boardwalk was cool, it is a mile long boardwalk that goes between the Pochuck and Wawayanda Mountains, extending over a 3000-foot wide floodplain. My pinky toe blister still hurts, but its getting better. Found a nice flat spot to tent next to a creek on the north side of the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment