Monday, August 31, 2009

8-21-2009 Fri

Start point: Congdon Shelter
End point: Bennington, VT
miles hiked: 4.3

Blink was out first, then Beeman and Willow, then I finally made it out. When I got down to VT9 I caught up to Beeman and Willow. We only stood there for a minute or two and then a regional bus pulled up to drop someone off, so we were able to get a ride to town without having to hitch. I was just going to go into town to eat and re-supply, but after I got all my groceries it started pouring. I tried to wait it out but it was supposed to be raining all night. Just before I went in the grocery store a guy had told me he has space at his place for hikers if I knew anyone who needed a place to stay in town, so I headed over there. Turns out it was a couple named Arla and Chris who have a place right near downtown. They had a really nice barn/garage that Chris had made into his man room, with a pool table, dart board and couch, so thats where they let the hikers sleep. They are also nice enough to let us in their house to shower and Arla even set up the internet on her laptop and let me use that. Really great folks. Dah Wah He was there and he and I played pool and darts for a few hours while it rained. Beeman eventually showed up and stayed as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment