Tuesday, August 4, 2009

8-2-2009 Sun

Start point: Wiley Shelter
End point: near Conn 341, Kent, CT
miles hiked: 14

Got out around 8am, passed into Connecticut after just a few miles. Ten Mile River was flowing like crazy, well over its bank. Started raining on me going up Schaghticoke Mtn and got worse as I was going up Mt Algo. Drenched again.. :( Schaghticoke Mtn was tough, 1000 ft climb in 1.7mi. Snapped one of my trekking poles going down Mt Algo, slipped on a wet rock. That pretty much ruined my already crappy day. Stopped to rest for a second and the mosquitoes still are biting me, in the rain. These little devils just don't let up. Walked into Kent and found DB at the laundromat, washed my clothes and waited for the rain to stop. Hiked out of Kent and found a good spot on the top of the ridge, found DB up there, he was already in his tent. Insane amounts of mosquitoes up there, actually everywhere since NJ, but these last few days they've gotten really bad. After getting in my tent they still just fly around all night, stalking me..

No comments:

Post a Comment