Friday, August 21, 2009

8-7-2009 & 8-8-2009 - Fri and Sat

We got up and hiked a few miles to US 20 where we got a ride to Lee, MA. This is where its gets complicated. We took a bus from Lee (DB just happened to be on the bus we got on, he was taking the bus to Willamstown, MA where a friend was picking him up and taking him to Bennington, VT) and then ended up riding to Willamstown and getting off with DB so we could get a ride to Bennington. At Bennington we split up with DB and me, Lion King and What took a regional bus to Rutland, VT (where the Long Trail Festival was). All told we made it 146 miles from Lee, MA to Rutland, VT for $9. The festival wasn't till Sat, but for $5 you could tent from Fri night till Sun afternoon, so thats what we did. Saw lots of folks I hadn't seen in a long time, and had a great time being in Vermont for my first time. The festival on Sat was fun, lots of good live music. I was able to get my trekking pole fixed from a Leki guy at the EMS (Eastern Mountain Sports) tent, and got a great pair of free wool socks from Keen. Having my pole fixed was worth the trip alone. Hanging out later in the day I got to hear one of the bands jamming out before their set, that was another highlight for me. All in all it was good to get off the trail for a few days but still be around hikers.

No comments:

Post a Comment