Friday, August 21, 2009

8-12-2009 Wed

I was gonna hike out after I got my ipod charged, then it started raining. Then it kept raining off and on all day and I didn't feel like hiking out in the rain. Watched "Enemy at the Gates" and then we all went to the Misty Moonlight diner in Pittsfield, MA. They have an omelette called the Godzilla omelette, made with 12 eggs and 12 fillings, with home fries and toast. If you finish it in 30 mins you get a t-shirt that says you conquered the Godzilla omelette. No one was going to try it so I stepped to the plate. 30 mins later I left defeated, my ego badly brusied. I never would have accepted the challenge if I knew what I know now. That thing is huge, and to make things harder, everything in the omelette if freakin scorching hot! There is really no room to move things around and let it cool off because it takes up the whole plate. I took the leftovers home and it was a full breakfast the next morning. To give myself a little credit I think I ate about 3/4ths of it in 30 min.

1 comment:

  1. Consider it practice for the next time you tackle the Godzilla! I have a feeling you'll be back.

    ReplyDelete