Tuesday, August 4, 2009

7-27-2009 Mon

Start point: Wawayanda Mtn
End point: Wildcat Shelter
miles hiked: 14.6

So yesterday I had just missed Dragonbreath, must have been about an hour behind him all day. I figured I'd take my time packing up this morn and he would prob catch up (right before the climb up Wawayanda Mtn he prob got a ride into Vernon, NJ and went to the church hostel). After waiting around for most of the morning I finally got up and left but hadn't got but 10ft when he yelled at me from behind. We stopped at the Wawayanda Shelter for lunch, then hiked a few more miles before crossing into New York. For the most part it was a pretty tough day, very humid which can really suck the energy out of you. At NY 17A we came across Y-Knot, Goodwill, Beeman, Jersey Girl and her husband Ron who was there with his truck, picking them all up from a slack-pack. They gave me and Dragonbreath a ride into Greenwood Lake where we went to Pizza Planet and had dinner. Got a ride back to the trail from a very nice lady (Ms Johansen from Iron Forge Inn). Hike a few more miles to Wildcat Shelter, I got there right at dark. Zen passed me on the way there, we both tented out in the shelter. The mosquitos were really bad so its nice to have your tent to use as a bug net.

No comments:

Post a Comment