Tuesday, August 4, 2009

8-3-2009 Mon

Start point: near Conn 341, Kent, CT
End point: Sharon Mtn Campsite
miles hiked: 18.1

Got packed up as quick as I could this morning, the mosquitoes attack you if you stop moving, so I was walking back and forth as I put my stuff up. At the first sunny spot I came to (Caleb's Peak) I hung out for awhile trying to get my shoes and socks to dry. DB passed me but I caught up to him at Stewart Hollow Brook Lean-to where we ate lunch. Had a 2nd lunch at Cornwall Bridge where I hiked 9/10ths of a mile into town to get a sandwich, and some more bug spray at the outfitter. Didn't get into camp till just after dark.

3 comments:

  1. Doesn't sound like the "North" is a very pleasant journey......when are you coming back "South"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basherrr!!! It's Blue Sky...haven't seen you since Virginny - was just looking through random contact info I had written down and found your blog address. I just got off the trail in Gorham, NH last week to head home 300mi short. Sounds like you're havin a good hike. 2 lunches in one day...that's a win. I'm sure you've gotten all sorts of fodder for more spoken word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its getting better, gotta get through those bad days to get to the good days.
    Hey Blue Sky! Great to hear from you, you've got mail.

    ReplyDelete