Sunday, June 7, 2009

5-27-2009 Wed - Back to the Trail

Start point: Burkes Garden
End point: Helveys Mill Shelter
miles hiked: 17.8

Got a ride back to the trail from the farmer. Those last 3 days of not hiking helped alot, my blisters pretty much all healed up. Looking back at that last week, I should have took it easier, done less miles with those new shoes and I probably wouldn't have had as many problems. Live and learn.. Walked in fog and light rain to the first shelter I came to (Jenkins) where I found out from the register that Dragonbreath and Ziggy had just been there. They must have just left this morning a few hrs before I got there. Hiked most of the day in off and on rain, hoping I would catch up to them by the end of the day. Finally ran into Treebeard, Dartanyan and Ziggy so we talked for just abit. Got to the road where I got a ride to Bland, VA to re-supply, and after getting groceries went to Subway for a sandwich and found Dragonbreath and Capt D. Me and Dragonbreath got caught up, and hitched a ride back to the trail together and made it to Helveys Mill Shelter. Skully was there, as well as Ziggy, Treebeard, Dartanyan, and met some new folks, Trampoline, Quaid and Pig Pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment