Friday, June 26, 2009

6-25-2009 Thur

Start point: near turnoff to Dicks Dome Shelter
End point: near Va. 7, Va. 679, Snickers Gap
miles hiked: 18.9

Hiked with Antrack for awhile this morning, he was coming up the trail right as I was getting on, then ran into One-Step. At U.S. 50 I walked .8mi down to a restaurant called the Blue Skillet. Had a great meal: 2 pieces of texas toast smothered in made-to-order sausage gravy, homefries, 2 fried eggs and 2 pieces of bacon. Got an order of hand-cut fries which I used to soak up any remaining gravy. Had to walk he .8mi back to the trail which sucked, but when I got there and started up the trail there was some trail magic someone had just left:



I then started "the rollercoaster" which is a series of 10 ups and downs, all mountains under 2000ft elev. but still rather tough.
..with my mind on my money and my money on my mind
Got to Snickers Gap and went to the Horseshoe Curve Restaurant, where they had some live music. Pretty cool to stumble upon something like that, just a bunch of locals there but everyone was very friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment