Sunday, June 7, 2009

6-2-2009 Tues

The view from Wind Rock

Start point: Symms Gap Meadow
End point: campsites near Wind Rock
miles hiked: 16.4

Lots of ferns today, some of the biggest I've ever seen. The view from Wind Rock was cool. Seems everyone is doing around the same miles right now so the campsite was packed. Had to search hard to find a flat spot to tent, ended up by myself up on a hill a hundred yards or so from where everyone else was. Didn't matter, started raining right before dark and didn't quit for some time. My thermarest is messed up, formed a big bubble so it doesn't inflate nice and flat anymore, its like it has a big freakin' goiter. Sucks, wish I would have just got a foam one like a z-lite.

Love it when I find those springs I can drink right out of.
Dragonbreath and One-Step on Wind Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment