Wednesday, June 24, 2009

6-24-2009 Wed

Start point: Front Royal, VA
End point: near turnoff to Dicks Dome Shelter
miles hiked: 15.3

Woke up pretty early and went to the supermarket, got a big breakfast of fruit, trail mix, O.J., chocolate milk and honey buns. Decided to stick around till the library opened at 10am, so till then I went to the park. Had a rare chance to do pull-ups on an actual pull-up bar:

Decided I'm gonna go get my beard trimmed, so figured I'd take a picture beforehand, this is the biggest my beard has ever been in my life. I was gonna see how big it would get if I didn't cut it once on the whole trip, but I don't like how it looks anymore (basically I think I'm more handsome with a trimmed beard).
After a stop by the barbershop:
I got a ride back to the trail from a sweet old lady, on the way we hit a goose that was crossing the road. Its 5 buddies survived but we hit the brakes and still couldn't avoid hitting the last one. All I could think was "thats dinner tonight, just stop and throw it in the trunk" but I didn't say anything. When I got to the Jim and Molly Denton Shelter for a break, Bubbles and Birdie were there and they told me there were some leftover trail magic beers in the spring, so that was a nice suprise.


I ended up hiking in the dark for a little over an hour, it was not fun. Too many bugs, they all fly right in your face going for your headlamp.

1 comment:

  1. I expect soon to start getting cryptic messages and mysterious powders from you in the mail.

    ReplyDelete