Tuesday, June 23, 2009

6-21-2009 Sun

Start: Big Meadows Campground
End: Bryds Nest Hut #3
miles hiked: 14.4

We all went to the Wayside for breakfast. Wanted to hike naked today, its a tradition on the summer solstice, but too many families and day hikers in the park, they probably just wouldn't get it, and I definitley don't want a public exposure ticket. I did hike slightly naked for about 5min, but I think I'll leave those pics on my camera. After breakfast I started hiking, but just had no energy. Stopped at Rock Spring Hut and called some friends, took a nap, ate some snacks.
Climbed up
to the Stony Man Summit. Nice trails for most of the day, hiking along cliffs with good view spots
and its been really windy for the last couple days, so its been feeling great outside. Those breezes really cool you off. Me, Antrack, Nature, and Dragonbreath were the only ones at the Hut, so that was kinda neat, had it all to ourselves. Nature and I set out tents up in the hut, hadn't had a chance to do that since that 2nd shelter in Georgia.


Got a pretty good sunset even though it was partially obstructed by trees.


No comments:

Post a Comment