Tuesday, June 16, 2009

6-8-2009 Mon

Start point: U.S. 220/I-81 Interchange area - Daleville / Troutville, VA
End point: Wilson Creek Shelter
miles hiked: 11.2

After checkout at the hotel a former thru hiker (Crash Test Dummy) gave us a ride to the post office and then to the outfitter. I was able to get my thermarest problem fixed. They sent mine back to the manufacturer for me, and would have given me a replacement of the same, but I decided to go with a z-lite this time, which is one of the foam pads. After getting a couple things at Kroger's and a few dollar menu items at Wendy's, we didn't get on the trail till after noon. It was freakin hot. Was drenched in sweat after about 15 mins. Pretty big climb today, we made it up pretty fast considering. Caught up to Ziggy and hiked with him for abit. Lots of folks at the shelter tonight, too many to list. Bugs sucked today! All up in you face; these damn gnats love to try and get in your ears and eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment