Friday, June 26, 2009

6-26-2009 Fri

Start point: near Va. 7, Va. 679, Snickers Gap
End point: Harpers Ferry, WV
miles hiked: 13.5
total miles hiked: 1007.2

Finally got out of VA!
Made it 1000 miles!
I apologize in advance for this picture, but Virginia really pissed me off this morning.

Harpers Ferry is situated at the confluence of the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers where Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia meet


The AT goes across the Potomac right here and continues down next to the C & O Canal and Potomac River for a few miles before climbing back up into the mountains
This is the view from where I set up camp just outside of town on the bank of the Potomac River

2 comments:

  1. Virginia: the much bigger, but still retarded stepchild of the AT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a funny pic! I have one of me at the Arkansas state line doing that. Damn states!

    Did you do something special at 1000 miles?

    Thanks for the post card btw! The Shenendoah Valley looks awesome. I have it hanging on my fridge. :D

    ReplyDelete