Tuesday, June 16, 2009

6-9-2009 Tues

Start point: Wilson Creek Shelter
End point: V.A. 614, Jennings Creek
miles hiked: 16.9

Got pretty good sleep on my new thermarest z-lite last night. Woke up really tired though, I think the heat really took it out of me yesterday. Talked to Gorgonzola and Denali before I left, found out from them my friend Skywalker had to get off the trail because of his ankle, so thats a bummer. Didn't get out till nearly 10am, so I hiked by myself today, but that was ok because it gave me a chance to listen to a playlist I had Ziggy make me. Pretty easy hiking along the Blue Ridge Parkway today, we'll be crossing back and forth over it for the next 100 miles. Got to Jennings Creek and set up my tent real quick so I could jump in the creek before the sun went down. Lil chilly, but very refreshing. Camped with Dragonbreath and Bojangles, then Gorgonzola and Denali showed up right when it started raining, about an hour before dark. Fell asleep to the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment