Monday, June 29, 2009

6-27-2009 Sat - D.C.

So I got up pretty early and packed up then had breakfast there on the river bank. It was probably ONE of the best spots I've camped out at on the AT.


Sand was nice and soft to sleep on, not too many bugs, and a huge river view to wake up with. Hung out at the ATC Visitors Center for awhile, the Appalachian Trail Conservancy headquarters are in Harpers Ferry. I got my picture taken for the album of 2009 hikers, they have photo albums of hikers from every year. Caught the Amtrak to Washington D.C., I'd been pretty excited about going since I've never been before.
Just arrived at Union Station, D.C.


My friend Jacques who I had met in Houston a few years ago is now living in Southern Maryland so he came up to meet me and hangout. This is our political handshake pose.
There was a Smithsonian Folklife Festival taking place on the grounds of the Mall in-between all the Smithsonian mueseum buildings so we wandered around that for abit
Sunset from the Mall
We went and hung out with one of Jacques' friends, Calvin, and we met some of Calvin's friends that he went to AU with.
We went to a get-together later and I met alot of cool locals
Me and Jacques took the metro back to the hotel, is was quite the adventure



Thought I'd get a shot of this guy throwing up in the metro station, really pissed his buddy off, but it was hilarious

No comments:

Post a Comment