Sunday, June 7, 2009

6-1-2009 Mon

Skipping Stones and Puddle JumperHiking near Rice Field Shelter
Start point: Pearisburg
End point: Symms Gap Meadow
miles hiked: 11.9

Me and Dragonbreath ate breakfast at a diner (Marsha's?), One-Step joined us, who we had met the other day. This time another huge one: 3 pancakes, a 2egg omelette with sausage, grn pepper and onion, hashbrowns and a buscuit. I've spent nearly 10 bucks on breakfast the last 2 days but it has been sooo goood. Sorry, I just love food these days, and talking about it.
The hike out was rough for me, leaving town you always seem to be doing a big climb, and you always have alot of food so you have a heavy pack = me sucking wind. We stopped at Rice Field Shelter for lunch, met Bojangles, and saw Big Camera, One-Step, Skipping Stones and Puddle Jumper. Hiked on to Symms Gap Meadow which was a nice spot to camp, kind of a treeless area so we got a great sunset. Skipping Stones&Puddle Jumper, Nature, Bojangles, Big Camera, One Step, and of course me and Dragonbreath were there. Oh yea, Minnesota Smith showed up, so I relocated, moved my tent well out of earshot from where he was.

Symms Gap Meadow

No comments:

Post a Comment