Tuesday, June 23, 2009

6-23-2009 Tues

Start point: Gravel Springs Hut
End point: Front Royal, VA
miles hiked: 13.4

Got up and talked to Bluegrass, Dragonbreath and Antrack awhile this morning. I was the last one to leave, I like to do push-ups while I'm alone after everyone is gone because everyone kinda gives me a hard time about doing em', they are probably just jealous. Made it to U.S. 522 where I hitched a ride into Front Royal, VA. Now I'm out of the Shenahdoah's and just have about 30somethin more miles of Virginia, so I'm almost done with this state. Feels like I've been in VA for ages! Got some Taco Bell, hit up the library, saw Land of the Lost AND caught a midnight premiere of the new Transformers movie (sweet!). I thought Land of the Lost was pretty funny. The insect bite scene had me nearly rolling in the aisles. Found a spot to tent out in some woods near town.

3 comments:

  1. Taco Bell, really? How can you system handle that out there? Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean? It goes in one end and comes out the other just like everything else. Although after eating 2 soft tacos, 2 crunchy tacos, 1 double decker taco, 1 chicken burrito and 1 triple layer nachos, I don't think I'll want any more taco bell for about a month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, but...blah. Just seems to run so counter to most of the stuff you're eating. Hell, at least a burger has protein. I'm surprised your system wasn't like WTF is this nonsense?

    ReplyDelete